A regular yoga practice can help reduce the physical and mental impacts of pain. This introductory, half-day workshop includes gentle movement, guided meditations and theory to give you new skills and knowledge to manage your pain.
We cover the ways yoga can help with the main triggers of pain by calming the nervous system, improving movement patterns and creating a clearer mindset. Introduction to Yoga for Pain includes:
1. An introduction to the latest research on yoga and pain
2. Relaxation techniques
3. Increasing your body awareness to help you move without causing more pain
4. Techniques to modify yoga asana (postures) to suit your capacity
5. How yoga can help you learn to avoid pain flares after exercise
6. Advice on using yoga classes as a form of pain management
Participants receive handouts, morning tea and two audio guided relaxations to practice at home.
Introduction to Yoga for Pain is also the preparation to join the 12-week Yoga for Pain Care course. Participants of this Introduction to Yoga for Pain workshop are eligible for a $45 discount towards the Yoga for Pain Care course.