This half-day workshop is for people with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and persistent pain to learn how a regular yoga practice can help reduce the symptoms and negative impacts of of pain. Experience soothing gentle movement, guided meditations and theory to give you new skills and knowledge to manage your pain and live a healthy, meaningful life.
Click on the green button below to book your place or email email@example.com.
Learn about the ways yoga can help with the main triggers of pain by calming the nervous system, helping you move better and creating a clearer mindset, including:
1. An introduction to the latest research on yoga and pain
2. Relaxation techniques
3. Increasing your body awareness to help you move without causing more pain
4. Techniques to modify yoga asana (postures) to suit your capacity
5. How yoga can help you learn to avoid pain flares after exercise
6. Advice on using yoga classes as a form of pain management
Participants receive handouts, morning tea and two audio guided relaxations to practice at home.
Delivered by Rachael West, co-ordinator Yoga for Pain Care Australia. Rachael has been teaching specialist yoga for people with pain since 2011.