01 May Find Your Feet with Fibromyalgia
Find Your Feet with Fibromyalgia is Western Australia’s first fibromyalgia management course. It is being offered in Victoria for the first time.
In this course you’ll learn what your diagnosis means, best practice research for management, and how to be in charge of getting the health care you need.
The program is delivered by Dr Kaye Brand, founder of The Fibromyalgia Support Network WA, and Rachael West, of Yoga for Pain, to meet a growing need for tailored support services in Australia.
Topics in the interactive program include:
- What is Fibromyalgia and how is it diagnosed?
- Research into best practice management
- Why it’s important to consider your mental wellbeing as well as your physical health
- Getting exercise when you’re fatigued: perspectives from a physio and a yoga teacher
- Communicating effectively with health professionals
- Skills in relaxation and self-awareness
- Setting meaningful, manageable goals
You’ll also enjoy a taster of gentle yoga specially tailored for fibromyalgia, guided relaxation and group discussion. A unique learning environment provides participants with practical tools to make small changes in their lives that make a big difference to how they feel. The environment is made as body-friendly as possible. You are welcome, and highly encouraged, to sit on the floor, move or stand as you need.
Course investment includes:
- Finding Your Feet with Fibromyalgia course notes
- Herbal teas on arrival
- 11 hours of contact with two health professionals who have between them three decades of working with Fibromyalgia
- Creative templates to help you capture your learning and see your progress
- Followup contact to motivate your continuing dedication to your own wellness
Referrals from GPs welcome but not essential.
Melbourne April 11 – 12 2015 10am – 4pm Monash Medical Centre
Special Melbourne price $255 full or earlybird $235 before March 19
(Normally $365 full $320 earlybird)
Or apply for a concession and regional rate from $175 (details below)
Apply for a special concession rate from $175 We make a number of places available to those on low incomes or who will need to travel extensively at a considerable discount. These are offered to those most able to benefit at this time. To apply for one of these special places please email with a sentence about how the discount would help you financially and how you think the course will make a difference to your life.
Please read the conditions of booking There are generally no full refunds but you are able to send someone in your place if for some reason you are unable to make it. Cancellations more than one month in advance will be refunded less a 20% booking fee.