17 Mar Yoga for Pain Melbourne workshops
Friday April 17
1 – 3.30pm
Workshop 1: effortless movement and working with your body
Learn to avoid the pain flare ups that often accompany exercise, by learning to move more comfortably, build skills in stress management, and finding confidence for what your body can do.
Discover that it is possible to rebuild a connection with your body and that movement can be delightful in a nurturing, supportive environment.
The session includes:
- Support in how to lie down and rest comfortably
- Guided relaxations to help you build skills in calming your nervous system
- Gentle asana to stretch and strengthen the body, and increase mobility
- Variations for postures for those with discomfort
- A cup of tea, light snack, and time to discuss your experience with others who experience pain
- Opportunity to give feedback on your experience to yoga teachers and health professionals
- A brief introduction to yogic philosophy to explore how some of the concepts such as Ahimsa (non-violence) can help with pain.
Where: Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville